2012 Shoot the Lights Out Camp at Newark Valley
The Newark Valley Summer Skills Basketball Camp is not being offered this summer.
Newark Valley High School will host the acclaimed Shoot the Lights Out Basketball Camp during the week of July 9-13. The shooting camp is open to boys and girls going into grades 5-12, and passionate players going into grades 3 and 4. The camp runs from 9 am to 1:30 pm daily during the week, with prizes offered by Addidas.
Throughout the camp’s entire length, each camper will shoot approximately 5,000 shots during drill work and shooting stations; well over 8,000 shots in all. Five Days of supervised shooting establishes a measure of confidence. What players do after the camp is critical to their future success. Shoot the Lights Out Basketball Academy Director Bill Hopkins says in the camp application that "You cannot play basketball part time and expect to be great."
Camp fee ranges from $80-100, depending on when you mail in the application and entry fee. There are also discounts for sibling attendees. For more information, download the camp brochure and application, visit www.shootlightsout.com, or email boys varsity basketball coach Scott Wandell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2012 Summer Camps Around the Area
• TIOGA COUNTY BOYS’ AND GIRLS’ CLUB – The Tioga County Boys & Girls Club will be hosting its Junior Hoopster basketball camp August 6-10 for boys and girls ages 6-12. The camp runs from 9am to 12pm during the week. Here is the camp flyer. Registration is open to the first 60 youth participants. The cost is $40. Participants will build a solid foundation of fundamentals that will enable them to progress as a player and athlete. Ball handling will be the primary focus of this camp with an additional mix of shooting and defense.
• WAVERLY BOYS BASKETBALL CAMP – This camp runs the week of July 16-19, 2012. Contact varsity boys basketball coach Lou Judson for more details: email@example.com.
• ITHACA COLLEGE GIRLS BASKETBALL CAMP – This camp for girls ages 10-18 runs from 9am to 4pm ____________, and is hosted by Dan Raymond, head women’s coach at IC. The cost is $200 for the week. A staff of experienced Ithaca College coaches and players will conduct a full week of basketball instruction focusing on individual skill development and team concepts. Emphasis will be placed on proper execution of the fundamentals such as footwork, passing, dribbling, shooting, defense, and rebounding. Campers will then progress to using their newly learned skills in small-group game situations and finally five-on-five full-court games. Lunch will be provided in the Ithaca College dining hall on an all-you-can-eat basis. The outdoor pool will be available for use during the afternoon break.
• TC3 BASKETBALL CAMP – This camp runs July 9-13 and is for ages 10-16. The cost is $150.
• BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY – Binghamton University hosts a number of basketball camps this summer, including The Rising Stars Basketball Camp, which runs from June 25-29, and a host of Southern Tier Phenom Basketball School camps for grades 3-7 and 8-12 (June 29-July 1, July 10-13, July 13-15).
• CORNELL UNIVERSITY (Girls) – The CU Girls Basketball Camp for girls ages 7-15 runs from 9-3 during the week of June 25-28. The cost is $179 for the week.
• CORNELL UNIVERSITY (Boys) – The CU Boys Basketball Day Camp for boys ages 7-15 runs June 25-28 at a cost of $179. For more information. The CU Boys Basketball Prospect Camp for boys ages 13-19 runs June 23-24. The overnight cost is $355. The commuter cost is $269.
• SUNY Cortland — SUNY Corland's co-ed basketball camp is the week of July 9-13. The day camp fee is $175.